The Cottage shares the dune with the DeWitt family's summer home. Both have been there for over one hundred years. They have been in the DeWitt family for sixty of those. We have always enjoyed sharing our special spot with others - adults, children, dogs, an occasional cat, fox, deer, raccoons, seagulls, hawks, eagles...
We would love to share it with you.
- Almost four acres of wooded dune and 240 feet of private sandy beach.
- About 117 steps to that beach - sounds like a lot, but you get over it.
- A private deck with an amazing view of the lake and beach.
- A hammock
- Three rockers on the screened porch
- Two bedrooms, one with two double beds, the other with a double bed and a twin bed. There's a pull-out double sofa in the living room, and a cot on the screened porch.
- A living room with flat screened TV, cable reception, bluetooth disc player and radio, DVD player. There is poor cell phone and texting reception at best (sorry about that, but it can be a good thing). Fiber-Optic cable Internet & wi-fi is available for a fee - see the "Rates & Availability" page.
- A fully outfitted kitchen (meaning gas stove, refrigerator, coffeemaker, microwave, toaster, utensils, pots and pans, dishes, tableware, etc.). It, however, does not have a dishwasher. It's a cottage not a condo. And with you washing and another drying, it can be good thing, too.
- Charcoal grill by the deck.
- The air-conditioning is the breeze off the lake and window fans. The heater is as needed when needed. There's one bathroom with a tub shower, and a shower room with access from the beach off the bedroom downstairs.