The Cottage shares the dune with the DeWitt family's summer home. Both have been there since the first of last century. They have been in the DeWitt family for sixty-five of those. We have always enjoyed sharing our special spot with others - adults, children, dogs, an occasional cat, fox, deer, raccoons, seagulls, hawks, eagles...
We would love to share it with you.
- Almost four acres of wooded dune and 240 feet of private sandy beach.
- About 117 steps to that beach - sounds like a lot, but you get over it.
- A private deck with an amazing view of the lake and beach.
- A hammock
- Three rockers on the screened porch
- Two bedrooms, one with two double beds, the other with a double bed and a twin bed. There's a pull-out double sofa in the living room, and a cot on the screened porch.
- A living room with small flat screened TV, cable reception, CD player/radio, and a DVD player. There is poor cell phone reception at best, so plan to use other media, or use the land line. Internet & wi-fi is available for a fee - see the "Rates & Availability" page.
- A fully outfitted kitchen (meaning gas stove, refrigerator, coffeemaker, microwave, toaster, utensils, pots and pans, dishes, tableware, etc.). It, however, does not have a dishwasher. It is a cottage not a condo.
- A gas grill by the deck.
- The air-conditioning is the breeze off the lake and window fans. The heat is as needed.
- There's one bathroom with a tub, and a shower room off the bedroom downstairs. It has access from the beach steps.